Indigo.ai is on a mission to enhance communication between people and businesses. We developed an artificial intelligence platform that uses chatbots and machine learning to automate conversations between businesses and customers via chat.
Over 1 million messages have been managed by our technology in a variety of industries: banking, pharmaceutical, publishing, luxury and many more. We’re looking for people to help us distribute our technology all across the globe.
We need a one-of-a-kind problem solver who can deeply empathize with people's needs, come up with unique solutions and help us create and spread engaging user-experiences that replace the current frustrations with delight.
Being at a tech startup working in Artificial intelligence means that:
- Take a peek inside A.I.
You'll work with one of the most challenging and fast-growing technologies of these years. You’ll learn a lot about A.I. and how to make the most of it in order to provide great experiences.
- Language is the first interface
Acquire expertise in Conversational Interfaces, one of the most interesting upcoming trends in design.
- Never get bored
We're a small team. That means that you'll get the point of view of everyone in the room and you'll participate in different decision-making processes, from marketing to business.
- Learn how to build stuff
No matter your previous background we're sure that you'll develop some muscles with us. Building a real digital product for thousands of people and tackling business, design, tech and marketing problems will be a pretty good gym for your skills.
Now, this position is for a Senior Growth Manager. Let's see what that means:
We are looking for someone with a proven track record scaling high growth companies, ideally within the technology sector. This role will be ideal for someone with previous experience as a Sales manager/Account manager. The company now has automated conversations for hundreds of thousands of users and have identified their new expansion plan as a key component to their global growth. The ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying the company’s growth opportunities and managing its team’s effort to fill in these opportunity gaps. He/She usually reports either to the CEO or the Chief Growth Officer (CGO). The Senior Growth Manager will set the CGO goals and lead the efforts to reach these goals. This happens through methodical processes that involve the following steps:
- Achieve growth and hitting sales targets by successfully managing the team;
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands the company's customer base and ensures its strong presence;
- Be focused on Client acquisition, above all through outbound strategies;
- Work with different departments to identify growth opportunities throughout the entire company;
- Come up with different ways to seize these opportunities;
- Define priorities based on impact, confidence and ease;
- Work with the developer, design, and product team to implement solution, presentation, demo;
- Evaluate the results and make adjustments;
- Structure a process based on the results.
As a Senior Growth Manager, you will live and breathe data analysis and problem-solving. This means that you must be a blend between an analytical and creative person, with an experimental mindset.
This will be the main responsibilities you will be accountable for:
- Strong communication. It means to communicate weekly growth updates to the entire company, tell the team what’s going on and motivate those to get through the grind of the weekly tests that ultimately fail more often than they succeed;
- Senior Growth managers’ enthusiasm about testing hypotheses must motivate engineers, designers, and product marketing people to implement experiments;
- Project management experience. Being in charge of a growth strategy involves leading multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Experience leading people. The Senior Growth manager will not always execute growth initiatives, so it’s key that your candidate has an excellent track record managing other people’s efforts.
- Experience taking action based on data. Data is the fuel to a company’s growth, so being able to attribute meaning to data is key for the Senior Growth manager’s success;
- Experience working with cross-functional teams. They collaborate with marketing to generate new lead sources and expand the target customer base, or with product and research teams to make sure customer needs are met;
- Broad knowledge of marketing and sales. The ideal Senior Growth Manager has an expanded type of knowledge, which means having a broad understanding of many topics that range from SEO, to paid advertising, to Google Analytics to landing page design, to Lead generation, client acquisition, inbound and outbound strategies;
- Ability to deal with failure. A Senior Growth manager must understand that most experiments will not bring the expected results but that they can still bring a positive experience;
- Ability to move fast. In most cases, implementing an imperfect MVP fast is better than taking a lot of resources to implement a perfectly crafted hypothesis;
- Experience building structured procedures. The end goal of every experiment performed by the growth manager is to create a process that will help the company grow.
Typical characteristics, skills, and traits of a Senior Growth Manager include:
- Communication skills: they listen first and speak second.
- Integrity and trust: they never ask their reps to do something that goes against a company’s core values.
- Ability to build relationships with peers, cross-functional counterparts, and upper management: They are committed to helping others be successful.
- Empathy and ability to understand customer viewpoint and customer service
- Ability to unite a team under a shared vision and know what motivates each member.
- Analytical skills: They use data-driven reports to spur sales coaching sessions and empower reps to take ownership of their opportunity pipelines.
- They understand pricing, margins, and discounting impacts.
- The ability to prioritise and effectively manage time
How to be a solid match for this position:
- Over 5 years’ experience in: Digital Sales, Growth Hacking, Problem Solving;
- Proven track record in a startup company;
- Proven growth experience - responsible for driving growth;
- Experience with some of the tools: Slack, Hubspot, Trello, Asana, Google Drive, etc.;
- Be naturally curious and interested in being in constant learning and in touch with the growth and digital communities;
- Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team;
- Coordinating with marketing on lead generation;
- Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products;
- Experience in customer relationship management;
- A team player who can work both strategically and tactically, who is full of energy and eager for a new and exciting challenge;
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation;
- Strong business sense and industry expertise;
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills;
- Project management skills: experience with ability to work independently and initiate activities, set priorities, manage multiple priorities and deliver on-time results;
- You like to discuss your ideas and, above all, explain them;
- The extra bit: you're passionate about Artificial Intelligence and understand how much it can change the world.
Now, head to Life at Indigo.ai to learn more about us and get an idea if we'll like each other!